Sunday 12 June 2011

The Open Letter


 Overall View


Dear Pepsi

The rivalry between Coke and Pepsi goes a long way back and it’s been a continuous war for years, as I’m sure you’re aware.  This is why I write to you now.

Pepsi and Coke are enemies but they are enemies that work together. At the end of the day both products are virtually the same, their bad for you and they both contribute to mass-production of this sugary drink. Your greedy compulsion for profit is what fuels this war and I have come to realize that both companies are winning. It is the consumer that is losing. People will always have to choose one or the other, its inevitable so does it really matter whose winning or not. I don’t think that it does

Its not that I’m for Coke and against Pepsi but I feel that this pointless conflict and meaningless ­rivalry should stop. The reason I write to you, Pepsi, is because you are the weaker brand in terms of just Pepsi and excluding your other products. Although it is strongly opinionated and debatable, Coca Cola is the preferred beverage, well at least in New Zealand. It also contains less sugar then Pepsi. Your company owns a lot of products like mountain dew, Gatorade, 7UP, Lipton Teas and Doritos. Most people don’t even then know that there paying for your brand when they purchase these products. I’m sure this is more then enough profit to suit your needs.

I think that Pepsi is Cokes ugly sister. Coke was made first and then Pepsi copied what coca cola did and tried to make it better. I think that the question ‘Which is better’ should be put to a stop and in order to do this either one brand should step down or Coke and Pepsi should combined companies.  But if one of you were to step down I feel it should be Pepsi. Pepsi has the power to make the unavoidable avoidable. The choice of ‘which is better’ can never be answered but it doesn’t need to be anyway because the choice is inevitable. Pepsi has the power to change this.

Yours Sincerely
Robert Kani  






Graphic Compostion

In the photo i have someone for the Pepsi company reading 
the letter i had wrote . I have the man drinking Coke 
instead of Pepsi to emphasize the irony of the situation. 
I wanted to show the pointlessness of the war that 
is happening between the too companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment