Saturday 11 June 2011

Word - Inevitable

For my word 'inevitable' i went to the cemetery at Kelburn. I wanted to show the word 'inevitable' because the choice that you make between Coke and Pepsi is inevitable. The choice that you make doesn't matter because Coke and Pepsi have both won. This make the question 'which one is better' inevitable. So this shows that this battle to be the better company is meaningless. I decided to use my word in a cemetery because i wanted to show the ultimate thing that is inevitable which is death. No one can cheat death, it is unavoidable. Everyone has to die eventually. I used the grave as the grid and wrote my word with dead leaves and sticks to emphasize this idea of inevitability. In this photo i showed a front on view of the word and the grave. The photo as taken and a cloudy and windy day which created a dark and dull atmosphere which added nicely the photo and is what i was trying to express.  

This Photo was taking with the flash on which created more of a scary effect then the other photo. I wanted to capture the other graves in the background to highlight this idea that no one escapes death.

No comments:

Post a Comment